Succulent Coconut Fish Curry
Succulent coconut Fish curry perfect for a Saturday night fake-away with your family. They will all love this and if your not a fish fan, swop out the fish to free range or organic chicken fillets. Everyone's a winner...
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp. curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. root ginger, grated
- 1.5 lbs. (680g) cod, fresh OR 700g free range chicken
- 14 oz. (400ml) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice
- 4 green onions (spring onions), sliced, to garnish
- fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the red and green bell peppers and onion, season with salt and pepper and sauté around 4-5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Now add in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Place the cod fillets on top of the cooked vegetables, or nestle them into the vegetables, and pour over the coconut milk.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil before turning the heat to low and simmering gently for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- Taste the sauce and if necessary, season with a little more salt and pepper. Squeeze in the lime juice, garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with white rice or couscous
NotesGF - Gluten Free
DF - Dairy Free
LC - Low Carb (20g serving)
MP - Meal Prep - Freezer friendly
HP - High Protein
Recipeaward winningbest nutrition influencerElite Living Nutritionhealthy mealItalian recipekilkennyLaura warrenLose weight Irelandnutritionist