With the change in the weather back to the winter I thought a lovely chicken casserole would be lovely tonight.
This is a recipe I’ve tried before and it didn’t quiet work out the way I wanted. I have finally perfected it the way I like it and it’s so tasty and healthy. This will be a real family pleaser.
What you need:
Chicken breasts(4, boneless and skinless)
Olive oil (3 tablespoons, divided)
Dark balsamic vinegar(1 tablespoon)
Garlic cloves(3, minced)
Fresh thyme(1 tablespoon, chopped)
Fresh sage (1tablespoon, chopped)
Fresh rosemary(1 tablespoon, chopped)
Maldron salt(1 teaspoon)
Sweet potato(1 large, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
Brussels sprouts (1 pound, sliced into 4)
Apples(2, gala, cored and sliced into thick half-moons)
Red onion (1, large, chopped into thick strip)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Put balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, olive oil and salt into a large bowl and mix together.
- Place the chicken in the herbs to form a coat and put aside.
- Place the red onion, sweet potato, apples and brussel sprouts on the edge of the smooth baking sheet. Pour oil lightly and evenly to coat the vegetables.
- Put the chicken on the top of evenly spread vegetables.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables start to turn golden brown.
- If preferred, you can increase the heat in the last 5 minutes for the chicken to have a crispy appearance.