Elite Protein Power Bars
These babies are perfect to make to pack as a little day time protein punch while your working or post workout snack. Really easy to make and they taste divine.
- 2 cups (185g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (75g) almonds, chopped
- ½ cup (60g) pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup (60g) sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. flaxseeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional) (buy here www.shopelitelivingnutrition.com)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup (230ml) maple syrup
- 6 Medjool dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, seeds and salt. Set aside.
- In a small pot combine the maple syrup and dates. Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 10 minutes until the dates have softened and the syrup has thickened slightly.
- Remove the dates from the heat and mix in coconut oil, mash the dates with a fork. Add the date syrup to the oat mixture and stir well until combined. Transfer the mixture into the baking pan and firmly press into the base.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until firm and browned, around 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes, then remove the bars from the pan, place on a wire rack and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut into bars, place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 5 days.
NotesDF - DAIRY FREE
MP - MEAL PREP/FREEZER FRIENDLY
V - VEGETARIAN
N - CONTAINS NUTS
Recipeaward winningbest nutrition influencerElite Living Nutritionhealthy mealHealthy protein barsHealthy protein snacksItalian recipekilkennyLaura warrenLose weight IrelandnutritionistProtein Bars