You can’t out-train a bad diet.
You can put in hours at the gym, but if you aren’t eating the right nutrition the fact is your wasting your time, literally!
It’s the simple 80/20 ratio – 80% of your abs are made in the kitchen the other 20% is in the gym. So if your nutrition isn’t on point, it doesn’t matter how often or how hard you work out, the weight loss won’t happen.
If you’re finding it hard to lose weight lately or if you’re hitting a plateau try these tips out which will help with fat burning:
1. You are losing weight — but very slowly.
You cannot burn fat if your body is dehydrated. Aim to drink at least 2litres of water per day and it doesn’t matter if that is sparkling of still just get it into you. Another sign you are dehydrated is if you notice your stool is hard or if your constipated or unable to move bowels easily, your body is clearly telling you that you are dehydrated.
2. You are not sleeping enough.
Your body heals when you sleep so try and get in at least 8 hours of sleep per night as our metabolism slows down when we get seven hours of sleep or less.
3. Your medication may be to blame.
Certain medications such as those for depression, diabetes, and blood pressure – can slow down weight loss, so keep that in mind with weight gain. I am not telling you to ditch them but talk to your doctor about it, there may be alternatives and if there is not work to keep your diet low-carbohydrate to override the weight implications of the medicine. But always consult with your doctor first.
4. You’re not consistent.
Your body won’t change if you’re not challenged. Some people will have a hard time losing weight initially because they aren’t committed enough.
To get into serious shape you must commit. What’s the point in fooling yourself? You need to make a lifestyle change forever. You have to remember the reason why you started in the first place. Try sticking photographs of yourself on your fridge that you hate, that will help.
5. Change your workout routine.
Weightloss plateaus are very common, so combined with a change in your diet and changing up your work out routine this should spur your weight loss on. If you just lift weights, for example, try combining some spinning classes or cardio. Cardio burns fat.
6. You’re stressed.
Stress can play a major role in weight loss, especially chronic stress because it fools your body to believe it’s using calories to deal with stress and make you hungry. Stress will cause you to comfort eat. So one of the best ways to deal with stress is to join a gym. Get out and about and just keep moving.
8. You’re obsessing with exercise over nutrition.
You have to keep your diet clean in order to see a change. Even trial it for a 10 day period without cheating. Be consistent, don’t have any alcohol or processed sugars for the entire 10 day period, watch your belly and waist shrink! It’s not magic, it’s the science of the body!
9. You may have a nutritional deficiency.
Studies show that Vitamin D deficiency may be linked to obesity and people with vitamin d deficiency may have a harder time losing weight.
Holland & Barrett have an incredible selection of vitamins and they won’t break the bank. Try taking some iron, B12, and magnesium which will help you feel better, more energetic.
10. You’re not eating enough protein.
When you eat more protein you stay fuller for longer, Your body digest protein slower than any other macronutrient, which basically means your hunger or blood sugar won’t spike, so you’ll be less likely to overeat.