Sunday’s in my Kitchen Studio consist of recipe creating and making lots of mess but it’s so much fun playing around with ingredients.
These very berry nice raspberry, blueberry and banana muffins are divine and pack a great protein punch using my banana protein mix which is available to buy on my online store here https://shopelitelivingnutrition.com/products/tri-blend-select-protein-shake-mix-600-g
The combination of the roasted nuts and smell of cinnamon gives a sense that Christmas is getting closer. They make a great healthy snack at any time of the day or a healthy breakfast muffin. I drizzled some natural bio yoghurt over my muffin and it was delicious and a healthier alternative to cream. The milled flax, sunflower and pumpkin mix provide a high source of highly effective antioxidant Vitamin E and essential fatty aides to support a blanked either and active lifestyle.
What you need:
- 50g porridge oats
- 3 overripe organic bananas
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of milled flax and sunflower pumpkin & sesame seeds
- Oil, for greasing
- 100g ground almond flour
- 1.5 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 lemon (for the juice and rind)
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- 1 teaspoon organicvanilla extract
- 100g fresh blueberries
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 100g mixed of chopped almonds, pecans & walnuts.
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Grease your muffin tray with a little oil and place in your muffin cases. Make sure you grease the muffin tray first with oil so they don’t stick.
- Coming the milled fall and sunflower pumpkin & sesame seeds with the 6 tbsp of water and leave to sit for 20 minutes in the fridge to allow to stiffen up. (I got Lindwoods flax, sunflower, pumpkin & sesame seeds mix)
- Then blitz your porridge oats in your Nutri bullet or blender until it goes to a flour consistency, then pour this mix into a large bowl and add in the ground almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and zest of half lemon in. Mix it well.
- Juice the rest of the lemon
- In a another bowl, mash up your three ripe bananas, and stir in the soaked flaxseeds and sunflower mix and the juice of the lemon, almond milk, vanilla, and maple syrups. Pour all the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all combined. Then pour in the raspberries and blueberries.
- With an ice cream scoop or desert spoon scoop a portion of the batter into the muffin cases and then place all your chopped nuts on top and stick some whole pecans into the top of the mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. To make sure they are cooked correctly dip a sharp knife down the centre and if it comes out clean they are done. If not leave them in for another five to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, eat hot with a drizzle of natural bio yoghurt of leave to cool.