Fresh Avocado & Basil with Organic Tomatoes on Wholegrain Toast
This has to be one of my favourites and so satisfying and really easy to put together and washed down with nice cup of hot Irish Tea. Perfect breakfast or lunch time fuel. This recipe serves two and made and prepped in under ten minutes.
- 4 medium slices of wholegrain bread
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado
- Toast the bread in a toaster or oven.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and chop the basil, then place in a small bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Half the avocado, remove the pit and spoon out the flesh, then cut into thin slices.
- Add the avocado slices and season with pepper and a little salt. Top with the tomatoes and serve.