Salmon is a great source of omega 3 and packed with protein to feed your brain and muscles. It is rich in a protective antioxidant, astaxanthin - Astaxanthin is an antioxidant found in salmon that may benefit heart, brain, nervous system and skin health., It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12). Salmon is rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease risk factors for disease. Your body requires protein to heal, protect bone health and prevent muscle loss, among other things. Salmon provides 22–25 grams of protein per 3.5-ounce serving. Salmon is an excellent source of several B vitamins, which are needed for energy production, controlling inflammation and protecting heart and brain health. 100 grams of salmon provide 11–18% of the RDI of potassium, which helps control blood pressure and prevent excess fluid retention. Consuming salmon may help you control your weight by reducing appetite, boosting metabolic rate, increasing insulin sensitivity and decreasing belly fat.
- 14 oz. (400g) salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 slices of lemon + 2 tbsp. of juice
- ⅞ cup (200g) jasmine rice
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes•handful basil leaves
- 4 tbsp. natural yogurt, 0% fat
- Spices: 2 tsp. paprika, ½ tsp. curry, 1 tsp. oregano, pinch of chili flakes
- Cut the salmon fillet into 4 pieces. Rinse, dry and place in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, curry, and oregano. Add honey, soy sauce, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and 2 tbsp. of lemon juice. Mix everything and cover the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packaging. Drain it, then transfer into a baking dish and spread the rice over the whole surface of the dish. I personally use Tilda rice because it's low in sugar.
- Place the salmon fillets on top of the rice, add the cherry tomatoes and basil leaves, then sprinkle with chili flakes.
- Top salmon with lemon slices, and drizzle over the remaining marinade and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt.