Vanilla & Cinnamon Protein Balls
With back to school well underway and all the parents only delighted. I am being asked a lot about healthy snacks to get people through the day including the kids in school. I also did a column for KilkennyNow.ie on back to school nutrition for kids. Pop over to www.kilkennynow.ie to see my column published. There are some very helpful tips in there for you for your kids going back to school and how to help you get their nutrition right. I have put together this recipe for you and these taste divine, very feeling and they pack a great protein punch for everybody. This makes 16 balls and if you don’t have my protein powder just use a vanilla protein that you have at home but remember the quality of the protein powder you use is crucial to the nutrients that it will provide and of course the taste.
- ¾ cup (60g) rolled oats
- ½ cup (125g) almond butter, smooth
- ½ cup (75g) almonds
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 1 scoop (25g) vanilla protein powder + 2 tbsp. for coating http://www.shopelitelivingnutrition.com
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon + 1 tsp. for coating
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract + 2 tbsp. for coating
- 2 tbsp. water
- Place the oats, almond butter, almonds, honey, protein powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract into a food processor and process until a dough like consistency forms. Add the 2 tablespoons of water and continue to blitz the mixture until it starts to stick together.
- 2. Roll the mixture into 16 balls (about 1 tablespoon per ball).
- 3.Mix 2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a large zip-lock bag. Place the protein balls inside the bag and gently toss in the mixture until the balls are coated.
nutrition RecipeBest NutritionistClean eatingCustomised weight loss planElite Living NutritionHealthy protein ballsirelandketo dietnews corknews dublinnews irelandnews kilkennynutrition planNutritionist IrelandProtein ballsWeight loss