Cajun Beef Spicy Stir-fry
On week days my favourite meals are stir-frys. They are fast and easy and taste divine, they are also low in fat (once you don't use all those horrible sauces).
I love my food, I get excited about every meal because I love my grub and rightly so. Food is a celebration, it's important to fuel your body with the right food to allow yourself to perform and to deal with all the many challenges life throws at us all as we get older. This dish Cajun Beef Spicy Stir-fry is super easy to make.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 2 peppers, sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 lb. (500g) good quality steak mince
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp. tomato purée
- 1 lb. (500g) cooked rice my choice Tilda as it's low in sugars and tastes divine
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the carrots, peppers and white parts of the spring onions. Sauté for 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add in the minced steak and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Add the Cajun seasoning and tomato purée then stir well. Add in the cooked rice along with 4 tbsp. of water.
- Stir well to combine all of the ingredients and continue cooking for about 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the green parts of the spring onions and serve.