Tuna & Sweet Potato Frittata
- Coriander chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 fresh green chillies, deseeded if preferred
- 2 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves and stems
- 50 g extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g lemon juice (approx. ½ lemon)
- 1 tsp ground cumin, to taste
- 1 pinch ground sea salt
- Ingredients for the Frittata
- 1 Jar Shines Wild Irish Tuna
- 100 g red onion, cut into halves
- Tablespoon of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g Courgette, cut into pieces (3-4 cm)
- 250 g sweet potato, cut into pieces (3-4 cm)
- 6 organic or free range eggs
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 50g Supervalu feta cheese
- What to do:
- To make the Coriander chilli sauce
- Place garlic, chilli and coriander into your food processor and chop up until it's all combined nice and fine.
- Then add all remaining sauce ingredients and pulse again for about 4-5 seconds until everything is combined. Transfer into a bowl and set to one side.
- To make the Frittata
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a square pyrex dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Place onion and ginger into your food processor and chop until both ingredients are finely chopped. Remove and sauté on a hot pan for 3-4 minutes until lightly brown. Be careful not to burn them - once sautéed remove from pan and set to one side.
- Add courgette and sweet potato into food processor and chop both ingredients up. Then transfer all the chopped up ingredients above into your square pyrex dish and spread out the ingredients evenly.
- Then beat 6 organic eggs lightly and season with salt and pepper and pour this mixture over your ingredients in your pyrex dish. Then crumble some Shines Irish Tuna on top of the entire dish for a great protein punch and Drizzle with 4 tbsp of the Coriander chilli sauce you made and set aside .
- Finally finish off by crushing some feta cheese on top and grating some Dubliner Vintage Cheese over the entire dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (180°C) or until golden on top. Allow frittata to cool a little before cutting into squares to serve. You could serve this with a nice crunchy salad of your choice or with roasted veg of your choice to make it even more filling and nutritious.
NotesFull Thermomix ingredients and recipe over on their website.
If you have dreamt about having the Thermomix (the Rolls-Royce of kitchen applicants) perched proudly on your kitchen countertops get in touch with me to place your order for the Elite deal. You can reach out by emailing me or sending me a text or whats app to 083 8819377 or outside Ireland +353 83 8819377