Goodness gracious great balls....what a simple little recipe that packs a great protein punch to help get us all through that afternoon slump. Serve it up with a nice frothy latte and it's pure bliss. Raw Beetroot is a nutrient-dense superfood packed with an abundance of vitamins and minerals. This sweet, earthy vegetable comes in a variety of colours — red, purple, yellow, and gold — each offering a kick of nutrients. Beets are a rich source of antioxidants, which can reduce inflammation, help lower your risk of heart disease and cancer, and even protect your cells from damage. Not only are beets good for you, but they’re also tasty and easy to add to your diet. You can roast, steam, juice, and blend them and make delicious protein balls like this as a healthy snack. Both recipe methods are set out below if you are using an ordinary food processor Or if you are lucky enough to be using the world's most powerful kitchen appliance the Thermomix T6. I am thrilled to share that I have formed a partnership with Thermomix Ireland and am now an official Thermomix Consultant, further expanding my expertise as a highly acclaimed nutritionist.
- 210 g raw beetroots, peeled (cut into small cube-like pieces)
- 12 Medjool dates (remove the Pitts)
- 130g desiccated coconut, plus a bit extra for coating
- 80g almonds
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Place all the above ingredients into your food processor and blitz until all ingredients are combined
- Place extra desiccated coconut onto a plate and set aside.
- Once all ingredients are blitzed - Roll a meatball size of ingredients into a ball and roll and coat onto the plate in the desiccated coconut ensuring that the entire protein ball is fully coated in desiccated coconut. Repeat 12 times or until all the mixer is used one.
- Then sprinkle a dash of Maldron salt on top and set in the fridge for one hour minimum but best over night. Store in airtight container for up to a week or freeze.
- THERMOMIX METHOD: (which is the official Thermomix online recipe platform)
- Coconut & Beetroot Balls - full recipe and method over on their online recipe platform for Thermomix.
NotesIf you have dreamt about having the Thermomix (the Rolls-Royce of kitchen applicants) perched proudly on your kitchen countertops get in touch with me to place your order for the Elite deal. You can reach out by emailing me or sending me a text or whats app to 083 8819377 or outside Ireland +353 83 8819377