Chicken & Aubergine Stir-Fry
On a cold Winter's night after a hard work out or days work, it's important to fuel the body with the right food.
This delicious chicken and aubergine casserole hits the spot. It's really easy to make and tastes delicious and if your lucky to have some left over you can always use some for lunch the next day. Aubergines are vegetables that are completely under rated and a great vehicle for flavour and spice, they work really well in many dishes, from stews and curries to salads and pasta dishes. They are also an excellent source of fibre and a good source of vitamins B1 and B6 and potassium. In addition it is high in the minerals copper, magnesium and manganese.
- 14 oz. (400g) chicken breast, chopped
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- chili flakes or powder, to taste
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (150g) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. wheat flour
- Wholegrain Tilda Rice
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add some water if necessary to thin it down slightly.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and green onions, cooking for 1 minute. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Now add the mangetout peas and bell pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add in cooked rice and mix well with the vegetables.
- Next, add in the cooked chicken, grated carrots and the sauce. Stir well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and more green onions to serve.