Chicken & Orange Stir-Fry
- For the sauce:
- 1 orange, juice only
- ⅓ cup (100g) marmalade (low sugar)
- ¼ cup (60ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sriracha (or as needed)
- 1 tbsp. buckwheat flour
- For the stir fry:
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. (450g) chicken breast, chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs green onion, chopped
- 1 cup (150g) snap or mangetout peas
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups (450g) cooked brown rice
- ½ cup (25g) carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together. Add some water if necessary to thin it down slightly.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan over high heat. Add in the chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the garlic and green onions, cooking for 1 minute. Keep stirring to prevent burning.
- Now add the mangetout peas and bell pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Add in cooked rice and mix well with the vegetables.
- Next, add in the cooked chicken, grated carrots and the sauce. Stir well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and more green onions to serve and serve with a small portion of brown Tilda wholegrain rice.