Coconut Ginger Macaroons
The ultimate Christmas treat without all the yucky refined sugars and super easy to make. These are divine and will be loved by everybody this Christmas.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (200g) of coconut sugar
- 2 ½ cups (225g) desiccated coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. red chili pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- Meanwhile, use a hand mixer to beat the eggs with the sugar until thick, white and airy. This takes about 4 minutes. Mix the shredded coconut, ginger and chili pepper through.
- Using the ice cream scoop, scoop the balls of the mixture and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.