Cranberry & Orange Bread
- 1 ½ cups (180g) whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup. (60g) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- 1 cup (120g) cranberries, dried, unsweetened
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp. almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup (250g) applesauce, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 oz. (60g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. orange zest ½ tbsp. honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and prepare a bread tin lined with baking paper.
- Place all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and mix to combine.
- In a second large bowl whisk the eggs. Add the honey, almond milk, applesauce, and mix thoroughly. Now add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Add in coconut oil and mix again.
- Pour the batter into the bread tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is fully cooked and a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. In the meantime, prepare the glaze.
- Place the cream cheese into a bowl and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds until softened, then mix until smooth. Add the rest of the glaze ingredients, mix together and set aside.
- This bread can be left in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.