Ginger Bread Cookies
Simply delicious and gluten free and very easy to make this Christmas.
- 7 oz. (200g) almond meal
- 1.8 oz. (50g) rice flour
- 1.8 oz. (50g) corn flour
- 1 oz. (30g) potato starch
- 1 oz. (30g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. gingerbread spice
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3.5 oz. (100g) honey
- 2.8 oz. (80g) coconut oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp. coconut yogurt
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Heat the oven to 360°F (180°C). Place the almond meal in a large bowl, add all gluten-free flours, ginger breadspice, baking powder, and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- In a saucepan, heat the honey with coconut oil (do not overheat it), and cool it down slightly. In the meantime, whisk egg yolks.
- Add in the honey and coconut oil mixture to the flours and mix well. Next add in yogurt, egg yolks and again mix with a spoon, until a dough has formed.
- Top the kitchen counter with a layer of coconut flour and place the dough on top, flattening it with a rolling pin to about ⅓ inch flat.
- Cut out gingerbread figures from the dough and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. ( I got my gingerbread cut outs in Meadows and Byrne)Brush with beaten egg white and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Smaller and thinner gingerbread should be baked a little shorter.