Honey & Lime Glazed Salmon with Pineapple Rice
Meal time for me has to be all about a burst of flavour to allow me to fully enjoy healthy dishes. This delicious honey and lime glazed salmon dish served with pineapple rice turned out absolutely perfect for me especially with my homemade marinade and rice.
- 1.3 lbs. (600g) salmon, 4 fillets•
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Pineapple Rice:
- ⅔ cup (150g) rice
- ¾ cup (200g) sweetcorn
- 1 ¼ cups (250g) pineapple, chopped
- 1 ⅓ cup (200g) cucumber, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ cup coriander leaves (or mint)
- Cut the skin off the salmon fillets. Rinse and dry.
- Mix the ingredients of the marinade and coast the pieces of salmon. Place in a casserole for marinating for about 1 hour.
- Cook the rice in lightly salted water, then spread on a large plate to cool.
- Drain the sweetcorn and add to the rice. Peel and cut the pineapple into small chunks and the cucumber into small cubes. Add to the salad bowl, season with a pinch of salt, lime juice and honey. Add coriander leaves (or mint) and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Bake the marinated salmon for 18 minutes, until cooked throughout.
- Serve salmon with the earlier prepared pineapple rice.
- Dig in and enjoy!