Malaysian Chicken Soup
As we still have a cold bite in the air in Ireland, I am still cooking up batches of lovely heart warming healthy delicious soup. This simple recipe tastes insane and will go down a treat with all the family.
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. red curry paste
- 17.5 oz. (500g) potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (1l) chicken stock
- ¾ cup (180ml) coconut milk, can
- 17.5 oz. (500g) sweet potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 chicken thighs (8oz./230g), skinless, boneless, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- chili flakes
- 4 tbsp. coriander, chopped, to serve
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil and the curry paste for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the potatoes and chicken stock to the pan and bring to boil. Now turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Take the pan off the heat and blend the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender until smooth.
- Add the sweet potatoes and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the chicken to the soup and cook for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender, stir occasionally.
- When ready to serve, add in the fish sauce and lime juice. Serve with chili flakes and fresh chopped coriander.