Make no mis-steak this recipe packs a perfect protein punch and tastes delicious and so easy to prepare for lunch or dinner. So simply to make and very healthy and low in fat.
- 12 oz. (340g) round beef, trimmed
- 4 tsp. plus 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 tsp. buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Slice the beef into thin slices. Place in a bowl and add 4 tsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of rice wine, 1 tsp. of buckwheat flour and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp. of soy sauce, 1 tbsp. of water and 2 of tsp. buckwheat flour, then set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in a pan on high heat. Add the beef and cook for around 20 seconds letting the beef brown. Next, stir the meat, cooking for another 2 minutes and transfer on to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tsp. of oil to the pan, add the peppers and onions and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Return beef to the pan, add the prepared sauce and red pepper flakes (optional). Stir fry for about 30-60 seconds on medium heat until slightly thickened.
- Serve with wholegrain Tilda rice