Roast Chicken Casserole
With the change in the weather back to the winter I thought a lovely chicken casserole would be lovely tonight. This is a recipe I've tried before and it didn't quiet work out the way I wanted. I have finally perfected it the way I like it and it's so tasty and healthy. This will be a real family pleaser.
- Chicken breasts(4, boneless and skinless)
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons, divided)
- Dark balsamic vinegar(1 tablespoon)
- Garlic cloves(3, minced)
- Fresh thyme(1 tablespoon, chopped)
- Fresh sage (1tablespoon, chopped)
- Fresh rosemary(1 tablespoon, chopped)
- Maldron salt(1 teaspoon)
- Sweet potato(1 large, peeled and chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- Brussels sprouts (1 pound, sliced into 4)
- Apples(2, gala, cored and sliced into thick half-moons)
- Red onion (1, large, chopped into thick strip)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Put balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, olive oil and salt into a large bowl and mix together.
- Place the chicken in the herbs to form a coat and put aside.
- Place the red onion, sweet potato, apples and brussel sprouts on the edge of the smooth baking sheet.
- Pour oil lightly and evenly to coat the vegetables.
- Put the chicken on the top of evenly spread vegetables.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken and vegetables start to turn golden brown.
- If preferred, you can increase the heat in the last 5 minutes for the chicken to have a crispy appearance.