Strawberry & Banana Cake
Who ever said you can't have your cake and eat it?
Of course you can. As you know part of my philosophy is to eat good healthy nutritious food and have a treat. Your body should not be deprived of treats that is not living! That is what I would call living a life of misery and punishing yourself. Eat the healthy foods you love, nourish your body correctly with the right foods and your body won't crave all the bad stuff. This delicious healthy treat strawberry & banana cake is super easy to make and will be a real family pleaser. Serve with a dollop of your favourite yoghurt drizzled all over the top if you prefer. I drizzled natural bio yoghurt over mine and it's a perfect combination with the strawberry and crust and I'm getting some good gut health in.
- 4 small ripe bananas
- 1 cup (130g) almond flour
- ½ cup (60g) spelt flour
- ¼ cup (60ml) coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extrat
- 1 organic or free range egg
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 10 strawberries, halved
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Peel the bananas and place them in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Add in the egg, oil and vanilla extract, then mix again. Next, add in the flours and baking powder, and blitz until a smooth batter is formed. Transfer the batter into a greased or silicon cake tray. Place the halved strawberries on top and bake for around 60 minutes, until the cake is golden brown and cooked through
- If you being naughty serve with a dollop of double cream but if your being nice serve with a dollop of natural bio yoghurt.