Walnut & Banana Cookies
If you’re like me and the rest of the world and your a banana bread aficionado, you are going to be all over these walnut & banana cookies.
They are sweet and a healthy treat and lovely with a cup of tea any time of the day and so easy to make. There’s nothing artificial or processed about them. Guilt free treats, get on it.
- 2 bananas, ripe
- ½ cup (120g) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 2 ¾ cups (250g) rolled oats
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ¼ cup (25g) walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 large organic carrot, grated
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Add all the remaining ingredients (apart from walnuts and carrot) and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts and grated carrot, and mix them using your hands.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and divide the batter into around 12 balls. Place them on the baking tray and lightly flatten them with a fork to shape the cookies.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until the outside is golden brown. Allow to cool before diving in.