As we approach the final furlong of 2020 tis certainly the season to eat, drink and to be merry and rightly so with only 6 short days to Christmas Day which reminds me I better get my skates on this weekend and start drawing up my shopping list for all the delicious recipes and creations. Today's lunch was divine and really put me in the Christmas spirit. It was so healthy and very easy to put together. Nutrition should not be complicated nor should preparing delicious healthy meals.
- 4 salmon fillets (1.2 lbs./550g)
- 1 orange, sliced
- 4 tbsp. cranberry sauce
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- ½ tsp. hot paprika
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Place the salmon on a chopping board skin down, and with a sharp knife remove the skin. Season the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Next, rub the salmon with the sweet and hot paprika and place in a baking dish.
- Mix the orange juice, honey, and olive oil, then drizzle over the fillets. Cover and rub the salmon in the marinade and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 410°F (210°C). Place slices of orange on top of the salmon fillets. Bake in the oven for 17 minutes.
- Serve topped with the cranberry jam. This dish goes well with white rice and fresh dill.