This is simply delicious and so easy to make and packed with good fats which is essential to combine in your diet as good fats • Lower the risk of heart disease and stroke. • Lower bad LDL cholesterol levels, while increasing good HDL. • Prevent abnormal heart rhythms. • Lower triglycerides associated with heart disease and fight inflammation. • Lower blood pressure. • Great for your skin • Keep you fuller for longer This dish is so handy to make to eat al-desko or bring with you on the go and so tasty.
- 2 medium courgettes
- juice of half a lemon
- (140g) bacon, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 medium avocados
- (60g) Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¾-1 cup (175-250ml) water, hot
- Spiralize the courgette and place them in a bowl, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Heat a dry non-stick frying pan and fry the bacon strips for 8 minutes on medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Add in the garlic and fry for another 1 minute then set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the stone and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Place the avocado with half Parmesan cheese in a blender, add water and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth.
- Mix the avocado puree and bacon through the courgette (courgette noodles), plate it up onto nice bowls and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan to serve.