Cheesy Smoked Salmon Omelette
This delicious lunch packs a great protein punch and tastes delicious and very satisfying and filling. So easy to put together.
- 4 oz. (125g) asparagus
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tbsp. (70ml) milk, plant or dairy
- 2 oz. (60g) smoked salmon, cut into pieces
- ¼ cup (30g) feta cheese (or brie, camembert) cubed
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- dill, to serve
- Wash the asparagus, break off the hard ends the discard (they will break themselves in the right place). Cut the softer stalks diagonally to about ½ cm pieces.
- Boil in lightly salted water for about 2 minutes, then strain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with the milk, salt and pepper. Add asparagus, salmon and cubed cheese, mix everything well.
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Heat the oil in a pan (diameter of approx. 24cm) over medium heat, and pour in the egg mixture. Rearrange the toppings if necessary. Top with the halved cherry tomatoes (cut end up).
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the mass is set for about 5 minutes. Then place in the oven (without cover), and cook for another 6-10 minutes, until the mass sets.
- To serve sprinkle with fresh dill and season with freshly ground black pepper.