Creamy Carrot & Orange Soup
On a winter's day, I can't think of anything else I want inside my tummy only lovely warm healthy and nutritious soothing soup. This gorgeous creamy carrot and orange soup tastes divine served with some brown bread and a skim of real Irish butter.
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups (600g) carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 red chili, deseeded and chopped
- 7 oz. (200g) baby new potatoes, halved
- 4 ¼ cups (1 litre) vegetable stock
- 3 oranges, zest & juice
- 4 tbsp. chili flakes
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan; add the onion, garlic, carrots, cumin and red chili. Sauté for 10 minutes covered with a lid.
- Now add the new potatoes, pour over the vegetable stock, cover, and leave to simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Next stir in the orange zest and juice through the soup then, using a stick blender or food processor, blend until smooth and creamy. Return to the pan and heat slightly if necessary.
- Divide the soup between four bowls and add a tablespoon of coconut cream in each. Season with pepper and chili flakes.