Creamy Garlic Chicken with Tomatoes & Spinach
- 2 Tbsps raw organic coconut oil
- 4-5 large chicken thighs, bone-in and skin on (about 1.5 lbs or so)
- 2 tsps Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps arrowroot powder or flour
- freshly chopped basil
- portion of whole grain @tildarice
- Firstly, rub the chicken thighs with sea salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Then heat 1 tablespoon of coconut in a heavy pan over medium heat. Once its hot, add in the chicken, skin side up and cook for about 6 minutes. Once the skin is golden, flip the chicken over and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked transfer it to a plate. Then in the same pan add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and stir in your garlic and flour, sauté for about 1 minute or until fragrant, whisking to get it evenly golden. Pour in the milk and season with salt and pepper
- Now pour in the milk and season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken and then add in the cherry tomatoes and cook them until they burst on the pan. Now add your spinach and cook it stirring constantly until the spinach begins to wilt, cook for just a few minutes.
- Take your chicken off the plate and return it back into your sauce, toss the sauce on the chicken with a spoon so you are coating it evenly for a burst of flavour. Then just simmer on a low heat until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serce and garnish with some chopped fresh herbs and a portion of wholegrain Tilda rice.