Creamy Mushroom Soup
It's a cold wet winters day here in Ireland so for lunch I've opted for delicious homemade cream of mushroom soup. Made with all healthy ingredients and certain to go down a treat with all the family.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ leek, chopped
- 5 ⅓ cups (500g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 small parsnip, chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled, cubed
- 2 ½ cups (600ml) vegetable stock
- ½ cup (100ml) cream fraiche
- In a large pot heat the oil, and sauté the chopped onion and sliced leek for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add washed and sliced mushrooms and fry for another 10 minutes stirring now and then.
- Add the carrot, parsnip and potato. Mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the hot vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. until the vegetables are soft.
- Mix with a hand blender until smooth, add cream at the end and serve.