Salmon & Couscous Salad
I don't know about you but I get sick of eating meat from time to time and I find eating more fish really benefits me. It makes my skin glow and it's lighter on the tummy.
Deliciously prepared lemon cous cous is a fantastic option to put with fish as it's so light and fluffy. It also has so many benefits such as great source of plant based protein and its very rich in selenium which is a great anti-antioxidant.
- For the salmon:
- 2x 4 oz. (115g) pieces of salmon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- sea salt and pepper
- For the salad:
- 2 cups (150g) iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup (157g) couscous, cooked
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese
- For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp. maple syrup or honey (optional)
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Rub the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon skin-side down on a baking tray, and pour the lemon juice over the top. Roast for 10-12 minutes, until cooked through.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients.
- Prepare the salad by dividing the iceberg lettuce in between bowls, top with cooked couscous, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese.
- Once salmon is cooked, remove from oven and place on top of the salad. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.