Shrimp & Vegetable Soup
These days my body is craving warm hearty food to cope with the cold dark winter days and you can't beat making your own fresh soup from scratch it sure beats all the chemical ridden soups in the packs that are loaded with salt and hidden sugars.
This delicious recipe only takes 15 minutes to prepare and cook and you are guaranteed a gorgeous bowl of goodness which is certain to please all the family and if fish is not your thing, replace the shrimp with diced up chicken.
- 5 cups (1 ½ litres) vegetable stock
- 2 cups (400g) can cannellini beans, drained
- 10 oz. (300g) shrimps
- 5 ⅓ cups (800g) vegetable mix of choice
- ½ cup (85g) quinoa
- ¼ cup (60g) basil pesto
- Put the stock, beans, shrimps, vegetable mix and quinoa in a pot and bring to high heat while stirring.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes on medium heat with the lid on the pan. Stir frequently. Stir in the pesto, place into nice bowls and serve immediately.