Sweet Potato Spanish Omelette
A busy day tonight in the Elite Living Kitchen Studio cooking up many new healthy recipes for you all.
This Spanish sweet potato omelette tastes divine and is so healthy and filling and packed with healthy vitamins and minerals.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup (130g) sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (70g) mushrooms chopped
- 2 handfuls spinach, chopped
- 4 organic eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup (35g) feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Heat the oil in a medium ovenproof frying pan and fry the sweet potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes, until they start to soften. Add the onion and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the pepper and mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Finally add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour in the beaten eggs and tip the pan so that the eggs run evenly across the vegetables, covering the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 3 to 4 minutes, until the bottom of the omelet begins to set.
- Top the eggs with cubed feta and place the pan under the grill for about 5 minutes to cook the top. The omelette is done when the eggs have completely set. Serve immediately.