Forget about trying to camouflage the vegetables in the dinner for anyone who doesn't like them. Fritters are a great way to disguise them and more good reasons to eat vegetable fritters are they are high in fibre and protein and contain several key vitamins and minerals. Eggs are full of protein, healthy fats and vitamins plus Greek-style or low-fat natural yoghurt is packed with protein and probiotics. You will be also delighted to know this dish is low in carbs and is very filling. You could also serve it on some wholegrain brown bread if you wish.
- (280g) organic sweetcorn, drained
- bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 cup (120g) buckwheat flour
- ¾ cup (185ml) cold water
- 4 tsp. coconut oil
- Place the sweetcorn in a large bowl. Add the chopped coriander and lemon zest, season with salt and pepper.
- Next, add in the flour and water and mix well until smooth.
- Heat 2 tsp. of the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan on high heat. Once the pan is hot, ladle in the mixture. Cook the fritters two batches of 4, or divide the oil accordingly if your pan is not big enough (½ tsp. of oil per 1 fritter).
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. The batter makes 8 medium sized fritters.
- Serve with a side of avocado and greek style yogurt (optional).