Honey & Pear Muffins
- 1.6 oz. (45g) wholemeal flour
- 4.2 oz. (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- large egg
- 6 oz. (170g) honey
- 5.4 fl oz. (160ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- 2.7 oz. (80ml) olive oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 6.3 oz. (180g) finely diced pears
- 1 oz. (30g) rolled oats
- 2 oz. (60g) finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper cups or lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon until just combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, milk,olive oil and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Now gently fold in the chopped pears, rolled oats and walnuts. Do not overmix the batter, only stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups, filling them ⅔ of the way up the cup.
- Place into the hot oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and the muffins onto a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesGF - GLUTEN FREE
MP - MEAL PREP/FREEZER FRIENDLY
V - VEGETARIAN
DF - DAIRY FREE